Is Your Online Dating Profile Turning Men Off?

Posted by Delaine - March 12, 2011 - Dating & Sex, Internet Dating - 7 Comments

Having trouble getting men’s attention on dating sites?  Receiving very little mail or only attracting the losers and perverts?  Well ladies, MAYBE there’s something about your profile that’s turning the ‘good men’ off!

In this short video below I explain some of that doozie mistakes that SO many women make – have a watch and see!  And if you want a second opinion about your profile, go ahead and email me directly - it’s my PLEASURE to do what I can to help divorcing ladies date and have fun again!

• Leane says:

Some great pointers in this video! I admit I had trouble writing my profile and wasn’t sure what to say. I’m worried I come across as boring and uniteresting. Would it be OK if I send you a copy of what I have to get your feedback? I’d really appreciate someone esle’s opinion casue all this is pretty new to me!!!!

• DelaineM says:

Absolutely Leane, you can contact me at delaine (at) iamdivorcednotdead (dot) com and simply embed your copy in the body of the email. If you want me to take a look at your photos you can send them too OR let me know what site you’re on and I’ll see if I can get in to view them. Talk to you soon!

• new2this says:

I’m having trouble with how I’m suppose to put the “best me forward” like you say cause I don’t want to give away too much information about who I am (or where I work). How do recommend I handle this while maintaining privacy?

Thanks!

• Delaine says:

Newtothis, great question! “Putting the best you forward” doesn’t mean writing about yourself in the way you would a job resume. You can keep your job position and prvacy safe while simply mentioning the kind of job or area that you work in, though you may even opt not to mention your job at all!

More importantly presenting the best you comes across in the tone and style of what you want – are you funny? Are you upbeat? Vivacious? Playful? Curious and independant? Instead of just listing adjectives to describe yourself I’d recommend you actually write something that SHOWS you’re any of these qualities. Do you understand what I mean by that? You’re welcome to contact me directly too if you want my help but if not, a great place to start would be to ask some of your closest friends how they would describe you. Sometimes hearing from those who know us best put us in the right frame of mind to think, “yeah, I AM pretty darn special.” THAT’S when you need to starty typing!

• Mel says:

This are very useful suggestions! I ‘m guilty of telling guys off in my intro. I thought it would make them go away but the truth is it hasn’;t one bit!!!! I never thought about how negative it seems to the good gys who do visit my profile. So again THANKS!

• Kristen says:

GREAT video!! So true and helpful! Thank you!!